EasyDisc PCA Test
Heterotrophic plate counts in 48 hours
- No equipment, autoclaving, or agar preparation
- Results in 48 hours when incubated at 35°C
- Easy-to-count blue colonies, designed to correlate with the pour plate method (SM 9215) using plate count agar1
Easy-to-use platform reduces waste and improves workflow
- 12-month shelf life eliminates waste and improves workflow
- 1-minute hands-on time
- Reduced QC
- Available in both 25-pack and 100-pack configurations
Easy to run
Step 1. Remove lid and add 1 mL sample to the EasyDisc PCA plate.
Step 2. Gently swirl the plate to distribute the liquid, replace the lid, and incubate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Step 3. Continue incubating at 35°±2°C for 48±3 hours
Step 4. Count all colonies.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, the base and lid are both sterilized. There are 25 plates per plastic sleeve. Any unused plates should remain in the bag, and the bag should be closed. Do not leave any unused plates exposed to the environment.
The clear bottom portion of the plate is made of polystyrene #6 and is recyclable. The white cover/lid is made of low-density polyethylene #4 and is also recyclable.
Resources and tools
Tests and accessories
Search the Water Tests & Accessories tool
Product number: 98-0013455-00
Catalog number: WPCA25
Product number: 98-0013454-00
Catalog number: WPCA100
IDEXX Water has reference materials and approval documents to support the many products in our water portfolio. Find the document(s) you need by selecting the link below.
Search the Reference & Regulatory Documents tool
Water Customer Support
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
One IDEXX Drive
Westbrook, Maine 04092 USA
1. 9215 Heterotrophic plate count. In: Baird RB, Eaton AD, Rice EW, eds. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 23rd ed. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association, Water Environment Federation; 2017.