Box sizes and labels will vary.
HerdChek BSE-Scrapie Ag Test
Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs)
The HerdChek BSE-Scrapie Ag Test is an antigen-capture enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for the detection of the abnormal conformer of the prion protein (PrPSc) in bovine, caprine and ovine postmortem tissues.
* Availability / Distribution: Outside the U.S.
- Obex, spleen and lymph node samples
- Very simple sample preparation and EIA protocol—no proteinase K digestion, less equipment required, less hands-on time, results in 90 minutes
Part numbers and sizes
99-08600 (5 plates/strips)
About Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs)
Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), chronic wasting disease (CWD) and scrapie belong to the family of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs). Clinically affected animals exhibit ataxia and excessive salivation, along with other behavioral disturbances. These animals show a progressive loss of physical condition that precedes death. The modes of transmission and the causative agents of TSEs are poorly understood. The disease is characterised by accumulation of prion protein in the medulla oblongata (obex) region of the brain, as well as other tissues (lymph nodes, spleen, tonsils, etc.).
All testing solutions
IDEXX Learning Centre
Controlling Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV)
* Time to complete EIA portion of the test
* Not all products are available and/or registered in every country.