Box sizes and labels will vary.
HerdChek CWD Ag Test
Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs)
The HerdChek CWD Ag Test is an antigen-capture enzyme immunoassay (EIA) for the detection of the abnormal conformer of the prion protein (PrPSc) in postmortem white-tailed and mule deer retropharyngeal lymph node tissue. Additional species elk claim is in the late stages of development.
* Availability / Distribution: Worldwide
- Retropharyngeal lymph node tissue samples
- Very simple sample preparation and EIA protocol—no proteinase K digestion, less equipment required, all room-temperature, less hands-on time, results in less than 3.5 hours
Part numbers and sizes
99-09663 (5 plates/strips)
About Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs)
Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), chronic wasting disease (CWD) and scrapie belong to the family of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs). Clinically affected animals exhibit ataxia and excessive salivation, along with other behavioral disturbances. These animals show a progressive loss of physical condition that precedes death. The modes of transmission and the causative agents of TSEs are poorly understood. The disease is characterised by accumulation of prion protein in the medulla oblongata (obex) region of the brain, as well as other tissues (lymph nodes, spleen, tonsils, etc.).
All testing solutions
IDEXX Learning Centre
Controlling Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV)
* Time to complete EIA portion of the test
* Not all products are available and/or registered in every country.