The Catalyst SDMA Test
Test SDMA in-house
The Catalyst SDMA Test gives you answers in real time with one sample, in one run—exclusively on Catalyst chemistry analyzers. Complete your chemistry profiles by running SDMA* and all essential parameters in-house.
Want to order the Catalyst SDMA test?
Learn about the IDEXX Catalyst One Chemistry Analyzer.
SDMA is a must-have addition to every chemistry panel. Here’s why:
Creatinine alone isn’t always enough to assess kidney function. When used alone in a recent analysis, creatinine missed potential kidney disease in 688,000 cats and 975,000 dogs.4
SDMA gives a more complete view of kidney function. SDMA isn’t affected by muscle mass or extrarenal factors such as body condition, age, or disease state.2,3
SDMA is tested and supported by veterinary medicine experts. SDMA testing is included in guidelines from the International Renal Interest Society (IRIS).5
- Nabity MB, Lees GE, Boggess M, et al. Symmetric dimethylarginine assay validation, stability, and evaluation as a marker for early detection of chronic kidney disease in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2015;29(4):1036–1044.
- Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Jewell DE. Comparison of serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine as kidney function biomarkers in cats with chronic kidney disease. J Vet Intern Med. 2014;28(6):1676–1683.
- Hall JA, Yerramilli M, Obare E, Yerramilli M, Almes K, Jewell DE. Serum concentrations of symmetric dimethylarginine and creatinine in dogs with naturally occurring chronic kidney disease. J Vet Intern Med. 2016;30(3):794–802.
- Data on file at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Westbrook, Maine USA.
- International Renal Interest Society. 2015 IRIS CKD Guidelines. www.iris-kidney.com/guidelines. Accessed April 19, 2018.
Note: SDMA is symmetric dimethylarginine.